Posted on 2019-08-13, by nokia241186.
English | ISBN: 1642830631 | 2019 | 200 pages | EPUB, PDF | 30 MB + 32 MB
Vacant lots, so often seen as neighborhood blight, have the potential to be a key element of community revitalization. As manufacturing cities reinvent themselves after decades of lost jobs and population, abundant vacant land resources and interest in green infrastructure are expanding opportunities for community and environmental resilience. Vacant to Vibrant explains how inexpensive green infrastructure projects can reduce stormwater runoff and pollution, and provide neighborhood amenities, especially in areas with little or no access to existing green space.
Sandra Albro offers practical insights through her experience leading the five-year Vacant to Vibrant project, which piloted the creation of green infrastructure networks in Gary, Indiana; Cleveland, Ohio; and Buffalo, New York. Vacant to Vibrant provides a point of comparison among the three cities as they adapt old systems to new, green technology. An overview of the larger economic and social dynamics in play throughout the Rust Belt region establishes context for the promise of green infrastructure. Albro then offers lessons learned from the Vacant to Vibrant project, including planning, design, community engagement, implementation, and maintenance successes and challenges. An appendix shows designs and plans that can be adapted to small vacant lots.
Landscape architects and other professionals whose work involves urban greening will learn new approaches for creating infrastructure networks and facilitating more equitable access to green space.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 41118
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Global Green Infrastructure: Lessons for successful policy-making, investment and management
- 2019-03-26Effective E-Mail Marketing The Complete Guide to Creating Successful Campaigns
- 2019-01-25Think First My No-Nonsense Approach to Creating Successful Products, Memorable User Experiences
- 2019-01-10Think First My No-Nonsense Approach to Creating Successful Products, Memorable User Experiences
- 2018-12-28Go Logo! A Handbook to the Art of Global Branding 12 Keys to Creating Successful Global Brands
- 2018-12-24Think First My No-Nonsense Approach to Creating Successful Products, Memorable User Experiences
- 2018-12-10Beginners Guide to Creating Successful Community Engagement
- 2018-09-27Beginners Guide to Creating Successful Community Engagement
- 2018-08-07Beginners Guide to Creating Successful Community Engagement
- 2018-06-26Beginners Guide to Creating Successful Community Engagement
- 2018-06-15Blue and Green Cities The Role of Blue-Green Infrastructure in Managing Urban Water Resources
- 2018-06-08Beginners Guide to Creating Successful Community Engagement
- 2018-04-25Blue and Green Cities The Role of Blue-Green Infrastructure in Managing Urban Water Resources
- 2018-04-12Strategic Green Infrastructure Planning: A Multi-Scale Approach
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Intelligent Transportation Systems: Smart and Green Infrastructure Design, Second Edition (Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Series)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Go Logo! A Handbook to the Art of Global Branding: 12 Keys to Creating Successful Global Brands
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Effective E-Mail Marketing: The Complete Guide to Creating Successful Campaigns
- 2017-11-24[PDF] The Business Idea Factory: A World-Class System for Creating Successful Business Ideas
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Revising Green Infrastructure: Concepts Between Nature and Design
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.