Posted on 2019-01-12, by voska89.
Jane Kilby, "Violence and the Cultural Politics of Trauma"
2007 | pages: 161 | ISBN: 0748618163 | PDF | 3,4 mb
During the late 1970s and 1980s speaking out about the traumatic reality of incest and rape was a rare and politically groundbreaking act. Today it is a ubiquitous feature of popular culture and its political value uncertain. In Violence and the Cultural Politics of Trauma, Jane Kilby explores the complexity and consequences of this shift in giving first-hand testimony by focusing on debates over recovered memory therapy and false memory syndrome, the spectacle of talkshow disclosures, discourses of innocence and complicity as well as the aesthetics and affect of shock. In counterpoint to the frequently cynical readings of personal narrative politics, Kilby advances an alternative reading built around the concept of unrepresentability. Key to this intervention is the stress placed by Kilby on the limits of representing sexually traumatic experiences and how this requires both theoretical and methodological innovation. Based on close readings of survivor narratives and artworks, this book demonstrates the significance of unrepresentability for a feminist understanding of sexual violence and victimisation. The book will of interest to those working in the areas of Cultural, Literary, Media and Women's Studies as well as Memory and Trauma Studies.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 38643
- 2019-01-30Violence and the Cultural Politics of Trauma
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Violence and the Cultural Politics of Trauma
- 2012-10-20Violence and the Cultural Politics of Trauma
- 2018-08-13Jimi Hendrix and the Cultural Politics of Popular Music
- 2018-08-10Jimi Hendrix and the Cultural Politics of Popular Music
- 2018-07-14Mapping the New African Diaspora in China Race and the Cultural Politics of Belonging
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Americans in the Treasure House: Travel to Porfirian Mexico and the Cultural Politics of Empire
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Americans in the Treasure House: Travel to Porfirian Mexico and the Cultural Politics of Empire
- 2013-11-03Authenticity and the Cultural Politics of Work: New Forms of Informal Control (repost)
- 2011-10-25Peter Fleming, "Authenticity and the Cultural Politics of Work: New Forms of Informal Control"
- 2011-10-21Authenticity and the Cultural Politics of Work: New Forms of Informal Control
- 2011-10-21Authenticity and the Cultural Politics of Work: New Forms of Informal Control (Repost)
- 2011-05-31Authenticity and the Cultural Politics of Work: New Forms of Informal Control
- 2011-03-31Authenticity and the Cultural Politics of Work: New Forms of Informal Control
- 2018-10-10Water, Power and Identity The Cultural Politics of Water in the Andes
- 2018-06-05Blackwashing Homophobia Violence and the Politics of Sexuality, Gender and Race
- 2017-12-02[PDF] The Portrait Bust and French Cultural Politics in the Eighteenth Century
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Disability and Popular Culture: Focusing Passion, Creating Community and Expressing Defiance (The Cultural Politics of Media and Popular Culture)
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Dubious Gastronomy: The Cultural Politics of Eating Asian in the USA (Food in Asia and the Pacific)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.