Posted on 2019-01-25, by nokia241186.
War From the Ground Up: Twenty-First Century Combat as Politics By Emile Simpson
2012 | 256 Pages | ISBN: 0199327882 | EPUB | 5 MB
As a British infantry officer in the Royal Gurkha Rifles Emile Simpson completed three tours of Southern Afghanistan. Drawing on that experience, and on a range of revealing case studies ranging from Nepal to Borneo, War From The Ground Up offers a distinctive perspective on contemporary armed conflict: while most accounts of war look down at the battlefield from an academic perspective, or across it as a personal narrative, the author looks up from the battlefield to consider the concepts that put him there, and how they played out on the ground.Simpson argues that in the Afghan conflict, and in contemporary conflicts more generally, liberal powers and their armed forces have blurred the line between military and political activity. More broadly, they have challenged the distinction between war and peace. He contends that this loss of clarity is more a response to the conditions of combat in the early twenty-first century, particularly that of globalisation, than a deliberate choice. The issue is thus not whether the West should engage in such practices, but how to manage, gain advantage from, and mitigate the risks of this evolution in warfare.War From The Ground Up draws on personal experience from the frontline, situated in relation to historical context and strategic thought, to offer a reevaluation of the concept of war in contemporary conflict.SHORTLISTED FOR THE ROYAL UNITED SERVICES INSTITUTE DUKE OF WESTMINSTER MEDAL FOR MILITARY LITERATURE 2013.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 38829
- 2019-01-11War From the Ground Up Twenty-First Century Combat as Politics
- 2014-04-09War From the Ground Up: Twenty-First Century Combat as Politics [Repost] - Removed
- 2013-12-06War From the Ground Up: Twenty-First Century Combat as Politics - Removed
- 2013-11-11You Are Not Forgotten: The Story of a Lost World War II Pilot and a Twenty-First-Century Soldier's Mission to Bring Him Home
- 2018-08-22George Eliot for the Twenty-First Century Literature, Philosophy, Politics
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Jesus' Cry From the Cross: Towards a First-Century Understanding of the Intertextual Relationship between Psalm 22 and the Narrative of MarkaTMs Gospel (The Library of New Testament Studies)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Challenge and Change: Global Threats and the State in Twenty-first Century International Politics - Removed
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Projections: Comics and the History of Twenty-First-Century Storytelling (Post*45)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Steering the Craft: A Twenty-First-Century Guide to Sailing the Sea of Story
- 2016-12-11Challenge and Change Global Threats and the State in Twenty-first Century International Politics
- 2013-05-18Latin America's Turbulent Transitions: The Future of Twenty-First Century Socialism
- 2017-12-14[PDF] A Global History of War: From Assyria to the Twenty-First Century
- 2019-01-25The Risk Society at War Terror, Technology and Strategy in the Twenty-First Century
- 2019-01-15The Lost History of Liberalism From Ancient Rome to the Twenty-First Century [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-15Shadows of War Violence, Power, and International Profiteering in the Twenty-First Century
- 2019-01-11The Risk Society at War Terror, Technology and Strategy in the Twenty-First Century
- 2019-01-10Shadows of War Violence, Power, and International Profiteering in the Twenty-First Century
- 2018-12-28The Risk Society at War Terror, Technology and Strategy in the Twenty-First Century
- 2018-12-27Shadows of War Violence, Power, and International Profiteering in the Twenty-First Century
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.