Author: The World Economic Forum Water Initiative
Publisher: Island Press
Posted on 2011-09-28, by LionFar.
|Title:Water Security: The Water-food-energy-climate Nexus
Author:The World Economic Forum Water Initiative
|Description:The world is on the brink of the greatest crisis it has ever faced: a spiraling lack of fresh water. Groundwater is drying up, even as water demands for food production, for energy, and for manufacturing are surging. Water is already emerging as a headline geopolitical issue and worsening water security will soon have dire consequences in many parts of the global economic system.
Directed by UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon at the 2008 Davos Annual Meeting, the World Economic Forum assembled the world's foremost group of public, private, non-governmental-organization and academic experts to examine the water crisis issue from all perspectives. The result of their work is this forecast a stark, non-technical overview of where we will be by 2025 if we take a business-as-usual approach to (mis)managing our water resources. The findings are shocking. Perhaps equally stunning are the potential solutions and the recommendations that the group presents. All are included in this landmark publication.
Water Security contains compelling commentary from leading decision-makers, past and present. The commentary is supported by analysis from leading academics of how the world economy will be affected if world leaders cannot agree on solutions. The book suggests how business and politics need to manage the energy-food-water-climate axis as leaders negotiate the details of the climate regime that replace Kyoto Protocols.
Download Water Security: The Water-food-energy-climate Nexus
Download from DEPOSITFILES
Download from FILESONIC
- Ebooks list page : 13971
- 2012-09-03Water Security: The Water-food-energy-climate Nexus (repost)
- 2011-09-26Water Security: The Water-food-energy-climate Nexus
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The Security of Water, Food, Energy and Liveability of Cities: Challenges and Opportunities for Peri-Urban Futures (Water Science and Technology Library)
- 2017-10-04[PDF] The Climate Nexus: Water, Food, Energy and Biodiversity
- 2014-06-15The Security of Water, Food, Energy and Liveability of Cities: Challenges and Opportunities for Peri-Urban Futures
- 2012-01-01Review of the Department of Energy’s Genomics: GTL Program - Committee On Review Of The Department Of Energy's Genomics: GTL Program
- 2011-12-21Review of the Department of Energy's Genomics: GTL Program
- 2011-12-11Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change (America's Climate Choices) - America's Climate Choices: Panel On Limiting The Magnitude Of Future Climate Change
- 2011-12-07Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change (America's Climate Choices) - America's Climate Choices: Panel On Limiting The Magnitude Of Future Climate Change
- 2011-11-04Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Renewable Energy Transformation or Fossil Fuel Backlash: Vested Interests in the Political Economy (Energy, Climate and the Environment)
- 2011-07-20Infinity's Rainbow: The Politics of Energy, Climate and Globalization (HC)
- 2011-07-10Infinity's rainbow: The politics of energy, climate, and globalization
- 2012-03-17Reenergizing Americaâ€™s Defense: How the Armed Forces Are Stepping Forward to Combat Climate Change and Improve the U.S. Energy Posture
- 2011-08-16Water for Energy 2010
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Toxin Solution: How Hidden Poisons in the Air, Water, Food, and Products We Use Are Destroying Our Health AND WHAT WE CAN DO TO FIX IT
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Toxin Solution: How Hidden Poisons in the Air, Water, Food, and Products We Use Are Destroying Our Health - and What We Can Do to Fix It [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Electric Water: The Emerging Revolution in Water and Energy.
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Handbook of Water and Energy Management in Food Processing
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.