Why David Sometimes Wins: Leadership, Organization, and Strategy in the California Farm Worker Movement
Tag: Business & Investing
Posted on 2012-05-07. By anonymous.
Marshall Ganz - Why David Sometimes Wins: Leadership, Organization, and Strategy in the California Farm Worker Movement
Published: 2009-05-28 | ISBN: 0195162013 | PDF | 368 pages | 2.22 MB
Why David Sometimes Wins tells the story of Cesar Chavez and the United Farm Workers' groundbreaking victory, drawing important lessons from this dramatic tale. Since the 1900s, large-scale agricultural enterprises relied on migrant labor--a cheap, unorganized, and powerless workforce. In 1965, when some 800 Filipino grape workers began to strike under the aegis of the AFL-CIO, the UFW soon joined the action with 2,000 Mexican workers and turned the strike into a civil rights struggle. They engaged in civil disobedience, mobilized support from churches and students, boycotted growers, and transformed their struggle into La Causa, a farm workers' movement that eventually triumphed over the grape industry's Goliath. Why did they succeed? How can the powerless challenge the powerful successfully? Offering insight from a longtime movement organizer and scholar, Ganz illustrates how they had the ability and resourcefulness to devise good strategy and turn short-term advantages into long-term gains. Authoritative in scholarship and magisterial in scope, this book constitutes a seminal contribution to learning from the movement's struggles, set-backs, and successes.
>>> Download many interesting free eBooks HERE <<<
Content owners do not sleep and promptly send requests to delete the files.
Maybe tomorrow links will be dead.
- Ebooks list page : 18495
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Why David Sometimes Wins: Leadership, Organization, and Strategy in the California Farm Worker Movement
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Why David Sometimes Wins: Leadership, Organization, and Strategy in the California Farm Worker Movement
- 2018-09-12They Shoot... They Score!: Lessons in Leadership, Innovation and Strategy from the Business of Sports
- 2013-02-24Football Fortunes: The Business, Organization and Strategy of the NFL (repost)
- 2010-05-08Football Fortunes: The Business, Organization and Strategy of the NFL
- 2018-03-20Becoming Citizens: The Emergence and Development of the California Women's Movement, 1880-1911
- 2011-12-22David A. Patterson, "Computer Organization and Design"
- 2019-01-10Technics Publications Leadership Value and Strategy-XCODE
- 2018-12-01Leadership, Value, and Strategy
- 2013-11-29The National Basketball Association: Business, Organization and Strategy by Frank P. Jozsa
- 2013-11-17The National Basketball Association: Business, Organization and Strategy (repost)
- 2013-06-21David A. Patterson, Computer Organization and Design (Repost)
- 2013-04-12Aligning Information Technology, Organization, and Strategy (repost)
- 2011-11-16The National Basketball Association: Business, Organization and Strategy
- 2011-08-25Aligning Information Technology, Organization, and Strategy
- 2011-01-09Aligning Information Technology, Organization, and Strategy
- 2009-06-02Leanne E. Atwater, David A. Waldman - Leadership, Feedback and the Open Communication Gap - Removed
- 2009-04-01Corporate Co-Evolution: A Politiical Perspective (Organization and Strategy)
- 2009-01-04Leadership, Character and Strategy: Exploring Diversity
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.