Posted on 2011-09-29, by trickyexpert.
Matthew Barton, "Wiki Writing: Collaborative Learning in the College Classroom"
University of Michigan Press | 2008-11-25 | ISBN: 0472116711 | 280 pages | PDF | 3 MB
When most people think of wikis, the first---and usually the only---thing that comes to mind is Wikipedia. The editors of Wiki Writing: Collaborative Learning in the College Classroom, Robert E. Cummings and Matt Barton, have assembled a collection of essays that challenges this common misconception, providing an engaging and helpful array of perspectives on the many pressing theoretical and practical issues that wikis raise. Written in an engaging and accessible manner that will appeal to specialists and novices alike, Wiki Writing draws on a wealth of practical classroom experiences with wikis to offer a series of richly detailed and concrete suggestions to help educators realize the potential of these new writing environments.
Robert E. Cummings began work at Columbus State University in August 2006 as Assistant Professor of English and Director of First-Year Composition. Currently he also serves as the Writing Specialist for CSU's Quality Enhancement Plan, assisting teachers across campus in their efforts to maximize student writing in their curriculum. He recently concluded a three-year research study with the Inter/National Coalition for Electronic Portfolio Research and continues to research in the fields of computers and writing, writing across the curriculum, writing in the disciplines, and curricular reform in higher education.
Matt Barton is Assistant Professor, St. Cloud State University, Department of English-Rhetoric and Applied Writing Program. His research interests are rhetoric, new media, and computers and writing. He is the author of Dungeons and Desktops: A History of Computer Role-Playing Games and has published in the journals Text and Technology, Computers and Composition, Game Studies, and Kairos. He is currently serving as Associate Editor of Kairosnews and Managing Editor of Armchair Arcade.
"Wiki Writing will quickly become the standard resource for using wikis in the classroom."
---Jim Kalmbach, Illinois State University
digitalculturebooks is an imprint of the University of Michigan Press and the Scholarly Publishing Office of the University of Michigan Library dedicated to publishing innovative and accessible work exploring new media and their impact on society, culture, and scholarly communication. Visit the website at [url=http://www.digitalculture.org]Welcome to digitalculturebooks | digitalculturebooks
- Ebooks list page : 14006
- 2012-02-18Wiki Writing: Collaborative Learning in the College Classroom - Matthew Barton
- 2011-12-31Wiki Writing: Collaborative Learning in the College Classroom
- 2011-08-05Wiki Writing: Collaborative Learning in the College Classroom
- 2010-05-13Wiki Writing: Collaborative Learning in the College Classroom
- 2014-04-13Promoting Independent Learning in the Primary Classroom (Repost)
- 2011-10-15How Science Works: Teaching and Learning in the Science Classroom (repost)
- 2013-08-04Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning at the Workplace (Repost)
- 2019-04-10Lynda Redefining PowerPoint in the College Classroom-XQZT
- 2019-04-01Lynda Redefining PowerPoint in the College Classroom-XQZT
- 2019-03-22Lynda Redefining PowerPoint in the College Classroom-XQZT
- 2019-03-15Lynda Redefining PowerPoint in the College Classroom-XQZT
- 2019-03-12Lynda Redefining PowerPoint in the College Classroom-XQZT
- 2019-02-19Lynda Redefining PowerPoint in the College Classroom-XQZT
- 2019-01-31Redefining PowerPoint in the College Classroom XQZT
- 2018-04-22Fostering a Climate of Inclusion in the College Classroom The Missing Voice of the Humanities
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Promoting Independent Learning in the Primary Classroom
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Discussion in the College Classroom: Getting Your Students Engaged and Participating in Person and Online
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Explicit Learning in the L2 Classroom: A Student-Centered Approach (Second Language Acquisition Research Series)
- 2017-04-06[PDF] Mastery Learning in the Science Classroom: Success for Every Student - PB289X
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.