Author: Stephen D. Silberstein, Richard B. Lipton and David W. Dodick
Date: Sep 2007
ISBN: ISBN13: 9780195326567
Publisher: OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS (OUP)
Posted on 2011-08-09, by yking.
Description The 8th edition of Wolff's Headache and Other Head Pain remains the definitive reference text in the field. Our knowledge and understanding of headache and its management have changed significantly in the twenty-first century. A new international headache classification has been adopted; headache pathophysiology and genetics have advanced; and epidemiologic studies have burgeoned. We have greater insights into the diagnosis and treatment of the secondary headaches. New treatments are available for primary headache disorders, including migraine, cluster, and chronic daily headache, and our understanding and knowledge are increasing by means of ongoing trials. The 8th edition encompasses all of this new material, with all chapters updated and many new authors added. Features * Comprehensive yet readable, practical, and in many ways, a how-to guide for clinicians * Explains the scientific and clinical advances in headache biology and medicine over the past 6 decades by the leading authorities responsible for these advances. * Chapters are multi-authored by international experts reflecting an integrated and consensus building approach to primary and secondary headache disorders that has relevance in every corner of the globe Reviews "Read, browse, or query the 8th edition of Wolff's Headache and you will understand why it has been an enduring standard of excellence six decades after its publication as the first comprehensive text in the field of headache."--Seymour Solomon, MD, Director Emeritus, Headache Center, Montefiore Medical Center, Professor of Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine FROM REVIEWS OF THE PREVIOUS EDITION: "It stands above others of its kind as one of the most definitive and comprehensive medical textbooks about headache diagnosis and management."--The Journal of Family Practice "Wolff's Headache and Other Head Pain has been the dominant text on headache for nearly half a century. Printing of this sixth edition gives testimony to its long-term success as a leading source of instruction for generations of physicians in effectively dealing with the complex problems of headache management'--Journal of the American Medical Association "Doctors Dalessio and Silberstein, highly-respected clinicians and investigators themselves, have assembled a first-rate author list to cover the field and continue the celebrated tradition of Harold G. Wolff."--Headache "This book remains a classic in clinical science-the standard guide to the study and treatment of the patient with headache."--The New England Journal of Medicine "This neurological classic has clearly maintained the great tradition of scholarship set by Dr. H. Wolff. Extraordinary, complete presentation of the subject matter."--Annals of Internal Medicine "An excellent, up-to-date, and readable reference text. Because of its broad scope it will be equally useful to all practitioners who deal with patients with headaches, from general practitioners to psychiatrists, neurologists, and neurosurgeons."--The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease "A very high standard is achieved throughout the book. It is comprehensive, authoritative, and lucidly written, with an excellent coverage of the literature. Indeed a classic."--Psychosomatics "Read, browse, or query the 8th edition of Wolff's Headache and you will understand why it has been an enduring standard of excellence six decades after its publication as the first comprehensive text in the field of headache."--Seymour Solomon, MD, Director Emeritus, Headache Center, Montefiore Medical Center, Professor of Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine "...a must for all those professing an interest in headache and worth dipping into by all neurologists seeing headache patients (i.e. all neurologists)."--Advances in Clinical Neuroscience & Rehabilitation "Since the 7th edition (2001), the International Classification of Headache Disorders has been extensively reevised due to significant advances in the field. This is properly taken into account here. New chapters on the history of headaches are full of interesting facts including Wolff's own work....The editors have carefully assembled a group of superb national and international authors, many of whom are leaders in the field of headache medicine, to write chapters. This is a major strength of this book. I have not found deficiencies....Without a doubt, Wolff's Headache and Other Head Pain, 8th Edition, will be a worthy holding at both personal and institutional libraries."--Ivan Garza, MD in Neurology "...an important book..."--Archives of Neurology
- Ebooks list page : 12824
- 2009-12-02Wolff's Headache and Other Head Pain
- 2007-08-17Wolff's Headache and Other Head Pain, 7/e 2001
- 2017-04-12[PDF] Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Restructuring Activities, Eighth Edition
- 2017-01-05[PDF] Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Restructuring Activities, Eighth Edition
- 2012-01-23Normal Gets You Nowhere: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You
- 2019-07-03Chiropractic Treatment for Headache and Lower Back Pain Systematic Review of Randomised Controlle...
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Fibromyalgia and Other Central Pain Syndromes - Removed
- 2009-08-01Fibromyalgia and Other Central Pain Syndromes - Removed
- 2018-11-20FXTAS, FXPOI, and Other Premutation Disorders, Second Edition
- 2018-09-24The Sailor Steve Costigan Series and Other Boxing Tales [Kindle Edition]
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Billy Budd, Bartleby, and Other Stories (Penguin Classics Edition)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Restructuring Activities, Fifth Edition: An Integrated Approach to Process, Tools, Cases, and Solutions (Academic Press Advanced Finance)
- 2017-11-14[PDF] Disproving Christianity and Other Secular Writings (2nd edition, revised)
- 2017-01-04[PDF] Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Restructuring Activities, Fifth Edition: An Integrated Approach to Process, Tools, Cases, and Solutions (Academic Press Advanced Finance)
- 2016-12-27Measuring Business Interruption Losses and Other Commercial Damages, 2nd edition
- 2016-12-27Managing Energy Risk An Integrated View on Power and Other Energy Markets, 2 edition
- 2014-06-14New Mathematical Diversions: More Puzzles, Problems, Games, and Other Mathematical Diversions (revised edition) [Repost]
- 2014-05-30Essentials of TAT and Other Storytelling Assessments, 2 edition
- 2014-05-16Essentials of TAT and Other Storytelling Assessments, 2 edition (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.