Posted on 2019-05-14, by BaDshaH786.
English | 2019 | ISBN: 1442215690 | 421 Pages | PDF | 7.8 MB
If we place women at the center of our account of China's last two centuries, how does this change our understanding of what happened? This deeply knowledgeable book illuminates the places where the Big History of recognizable events intersects with the daily lives of ordinary people, using gender as its analytic lens. Leading scholar Gail Hershatter asks how these events affected women in particular, and how women affected the course of these events. For instance, did women have a 1911 revolution? A socialist revolution? If so, what did those revolutions look like? Which women had them?
Hershatter uses two key themes to frame her analysis. The first is the importance of women's visible and invisible labor. The labor of women in domestic and public spaces shaped China's move from empire to republic to socialist nation to rising capitalist power. The second is the symbolic work performed by gender itself. What women should do and be was a constant topic of debate during China's transformation from empire to weak state to partially occupied territory to nascent socialist republic to reform-era powerhouse. What sorts of concerns did people express through the language of gender? How did that language work, and why was it so powerful?
Drawing on decades of Hershatter's groundbreaking scholarship and mastery of a range of literatures, this beautifully written book will be essential reading for all students of China's modern history.
Download From Filefloater (Recommended)
Download From UploadGig
Download From Rapidgator
- Ebooks list page : 40485
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Women in China from Earliest Times to the Present (Women and Gender in China Studies)
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Remembering the Samsui Women: Migration and Social Memory in Singapore and China (Contemporary Chinese Studies)
- 2017-10-14[PDF] On the Move: Women and Rural-to-Urban Migration in Contemporary China
- 2017-01-12[PDF] On the Move: Women and Rural-to-Urban Migration in Contemporary China
- 2014-01-06The Missing Girls and Women of China, Hong Kong and Taiwan - eazydoc.com
- 2013-04-01The Missing Girls and Women of China, Hong Kong and Taiwan
- 2019-05-10The Elephant and the Dragon The Rise of India and China and What It Means for All of Us
- 2019-05-09Engendering Aphrodite Women and Society in Ancient Cyprus
- 2019-05-06Investing in BRIC Countries Evaluating Risk and Governance in Brazil, Russia, India, and China
- 2019-05-06Black Women and International Law Deliberate Interactions, Movements and Actions
- 2019-03-31Gender Outlaw: On Men, Women and the Rest of Us
- 2019-03-27Investing in BRIC Countries Evaluating Risk and Governance in Brazil, Russia, India, and China
- 2019-03-25Women and Fitness in American Culture
- 2019-03-18Women and Power. Education, Religion and Identity
- 2019-03-12Constructing National Security U.S. Relations with India and China
- 2019-03-05Constructing National Security U.S. Relations with India and China
- 2019-02-28The Great Sex Secret What Satisfied Women and Men Know That No One Talks about
- 2019-02-23The Great Sex Secret What Satisfied Women and Men Know That No One Talks about
- 2019-01-31The Myth of Work-Life Balance The Challenge of Our Time for Men, Women and Societies
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.