Posted on 2019-07-11, by voska89.
Laurie Stras, "Women and Music in Sixteenth-Century Ferrara "
English | ISBN: 1107154073 | 2018 | 412 pages | PDF | 33 MB
The musica secreta or concerto delle dame of Duke Alfonso II d'Este, an ensemble of virtuoso female musicians that performed behind closed doors at the castello in Ferrara, is well-known to music history. Their story is often told by focussing on the Duke's obsessive patronage and the exclusivity of their music. This book examines the music-making of four generations of princesses, noblewomen and nuns in Ferrara, as performers, creators, and patrons from a new perspective. It rethinks the relationships between polyphony and song, sacred and secular, performer and composer, patron and musician, court and convent. With new archival evidence and analysis of music, people, and events over the course of the century, from the role of the princess nun musician, Leonora d'Este, to the fate of the musica secreta's jealously guarded repertoire, this radical approach will appeal to musicians and scholars alike.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 40856
- 2012-01-28Print Culture and Music in Sixteenth-Century Venice
- 2011-08-23The Honest Courtesan: Veronica Franco, Citizen and Writer in Sixteenth-Century Venice (Women in Culture and Society Series)
- 2018-12-13Juana I Legitimacy and Conflict in Sixteenth-Century Castile
- 2018-06-18Imperial Ladies of the Ottonian Dynasty Women and Rule in Tenth-Century Germany
- 2018-06-08Imperial Ladies of the Ottonian Dynasty Women and Rule in Tenth-Century Germany
- 2018-06-03Juana I Legitimacy and Conflict in Sixteenth-Century Castile
- 2018-04-22Imperial Ladies of the Ottonian Dynasty Women and Rule in Tenth-Century Germany
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Women and Enlightenment in Eighteenth-Century Britain
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Women and Music: A History
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Picturing the Book of Nature: Image, Text, and Argument in Sixteenth-century Human Anatomy and Medical Botany
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Women and Music: A History
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Picturing the Book of Nature: Image, Text, and Argument in Sixteenth-century Human Anatomy and Medical Botany
- 2011-10-19Women and Enlightenment in Eighteenth-Century Britain
- 2010-05-26Women and Philanthropy in Nineteenth-Century Ireland
- 2010-03-07The Reformation of the Keys: Confession, Conscience, and Authority in Sixteenth-Century Germany
- 2009-10-22The Horrors of the Half-Known Life: Male Attitudes Toward Women and Sexuality in 19th. Century America
- 2009-06-27Women and Enlightenment in Eighteenth-Century Britain
- 2009-02-28Women and Children First: Nineteenth-Century Sea Narratives and American Identity
- 2018-12-05The Renaissance Vihuela & Guitar in Sixteenth-Century Spain Music Transcribed and Adapted for Modern...
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.